AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
EFFECTIVE AS OF September 1, 2018
- This Web Site has been designed to provide general information about AMAG and its products. This Web Site is not intended to provide medical or investment advice, nor does it provide instruction on the appropriate use of the products under development or produced by AMAG or its representatives. The products described on this Web Site may not have been found safe or effective by any regulatory agency and may not have been approved for any use whatsoever. AMAG shall not be held responsible for any act or omission that is based in whole or in part on the information or products presented on this Web Site, and all access and use of this Web Site is at your sole option and risk.
- Intended Audience. This Web Site is intended for U.S. residents over the age of 18 only. This Web Site is not intended for use by children or by individuals outside of the U.S. Some AMAG Web Sites are intended for U.S. healthcare professionals only, and will be demarcated as such.
- Medical Information/Conditions. This Web Site may also contain general information relating to various medical conditions and their treatment. Such information is provided for informational and educational purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for advice provided by a doctor or other qualified healthcare professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing a health or fitness problem or disease. You should always consult with a doctor or other healthcare professional. If you are a healthcare professional viewing a healthcare professional Web Site, you should not use the information contained in the Web Site as a substitute for your professional judgment.
- Use and Disclosure of Information You Provide. As a user of this Web Site, you are liable for the accuracy of the information that you provide to us, if any. Should you respond with information including feedback or data such as questions, comments, suggestions, or the like regarding the content of this Web Site, such information shall be deemed to be non-confidential and AMAG shall have no obligation of any kind with respect to such information. You grant AMAG a non-exclusive, perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free license to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute the information to others without limitation, and further to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such information for any purpose whatsoever including, but not limited to, developing, manufacturing and marketing products incorporating such information. AMAG will treat any feedback or suggestions you provide to AMAG as non-confidential and non-proprietary. Thus, in the absence of a written agreement with AMAG to the contrary, you agree that you will not submit to AMAG any information or ideas that you consider to be confidential or proprietary.
- Hyperlinked Sites. This Web Site may contain hypertext links to third party web sites (“Hyperlinked Sites”). Hyperlinked Sites are not owned, operated or managed by AMAG. If you access a Hyperlinked Site through this Web Site, you do so at your sole option and risk. Such Hyperlinked Sites are provided merely as a convenience to you. Similarly, this Web Site may be accessed from third party hypertext links over whom AMAG has no control. AMAG makes no warranties or representations of any kind as to the accuracy, currency, or completeness of any information contained on such third party web sites and shall have no liability for any damages or injuries of any kind arising from or relating to such content or information. Inclusion of any Hyperlinked Site does not imply an endorsement or recommendation by AMAG. Further, in the event that the Hyperlinked Sites include healthcare services or providers, the links are not an endorsement or recommendation of a particular healthcare provider or service by AMAG, nor an endorsement by the provider of any AMAG product. AMAG has no affiliation with any of the healthcare providers and is not responsible for any information you may choose to share with them. AMAG accepts no responsibility or liability for the content or services found on Hyperlinked Sites. Any prescription decision is the sole responsibility and discretion of the healthcare provider, based on the patient’s needs. AMAG expressly disclaims any responsibility for any medical care, treatment, or advice received from any healthcare professional contacted of consulted as a result of using any Hyperlinked Sites.
- News Updates and Press Releases. This Web Site may contain information, news, and/or press releases, the content of which is current only as of the date of their initial posting. AMAG does not update press releases once they have been made public.
- Prohibited Uses. The Web Site may be used only for lawful purposes by individuals using authorized services of AMAG. You are responsible for your own communications, including the upload, transmission and posting of information, and are responsible for the consequences of their posting on or through the Web Site. AMAG specifically prohibits any use of the Web Site, and requires all users to agree not to use the Web Site, for any of the following:
- Posting any information which is incomplete, false, inaccurate or not your own;
- Impersonating another person;
- Constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense, giving rise to civil liability or otherwise violate any city, state, national or international law or regulation or which fails to comply with accepted Internet protocol;
- Posting material that is copyrighted or otherwise owned by a third party unless you are the copyright owner or have the permission of the owner to post it;
- Posting material that reveals trade secrets, unless you own them or have the permission of the owner;
- Posting material that infringes on any other intellectual property, privacy or publicity right of another;
- Transmitting or transferring (by any means) information or software derived from the site to foreign countries or certain foreign nations in violation of US export control laws;
- Attempting to interfere in any way with the Web Site’s or AMAG’s networks or network security, or attempting to use the Web Site’s service to gain unauthorized access to any other computer system;
- Accessing data not intended for such user or logging into a server or account which user is not authorized to access;
- Attempting to probe, scan or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization;
- Attempting to interfere with service to any user, host or network, including, without limitation, via means of submitting a virus to the Web Site, overloading, “flooding”, “mailbombing” or “crashing”; or sending unsolicited e-mail, including promotions and/or advertising of products or services; or
- Forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or newsgroup posting.
- Forward-Looking Statements. This Web Site and its Contents may contain forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Private Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995 and federal securities laws. Any statements contained in this Web Site that do not describe historical facts are forward-looking statements that involve risks and uncertainties that could cause actual results to differ materially from those discussed in such forward-looking statements. Such risks and uncertainties include, but are not limited to, those identified in AMAG’s Securities and Exchange Commission filings, accessible in the “Investors” section of this Web Site. AMAG cautions visitors to this Web Site not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements which speak only as of the date they are made. AMAG disclaims any obligation to publicly update or revise any such statements to reflect any change in expectations or in events, conditions or circumstances on which any such statements may be based, or that may affect the likelihood that actual results will differ from those set forth in the forward-looking statements.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. You expressly agree that your use of this Web Site is at your sole option and risk and as such you assume full responsibility and all risks arising from or relating to your use of this Web Site. AMAG does not represent or warrant that the functions contained in this Web Site shall be uninterrupted or error-free or that this Web Site or the server that makes it available to you are free from viruses or other harmful components. By using this Web Site, you accept the information, products and services provided herein “AS IS” and on an “AS AVAILABLE” basis.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT ALLOWED UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, AMAG DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, WARRANTIES REGARDING THE ACCURACY, CONTENT, COMPLETENESS, RELIABILITY, OPERABILITY, OR LEGALITY OF INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR WITHIN THIS WEB SITE, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT OF PROPRIETARY RIGHTS. FURTHER, AMAG EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY OBLIGATION TO UPDATE OR CORRECT INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THIS WEB SITE AND EXPLICITLY DISCLAIMS ANY DUTY TO DO SO. AMAG ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS WEB SITE. AMAG DOES NOT ENDORSE, WARRANT OR GUARANTEE ANY PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OFFERED OR PROVIDED BY OR ON BEHALF OF THIRD PARTIES ON OR THROUGH THE WEB SITE. AMAG IS NOT A PARTY TO, AND DOES NOT MONITOR, ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN USERS AND THIRD PARTIES WITHOUT THE DIRECT INVOLVEMENT OF AMAG.
- Void Where Prohibited. This Web Site and its Contents are intended to comply with the laws and regulations in the U.S. Although the information on this Web Site is accessible to users outside of the U.S., the information on the Web Site pertaining to AMAG products is intended for use only by residents of the U.S. Other countries may have laws, regulatory requirements and medical practices that differ from those in the U.S. The Web Site, its Content, and its links may, however, contain information about products that may or may not be available in any particular country, territory or region of the world (including the United States), may be available under different trademarks in different countries and, where applicable, may be approved or cleared by a government regulatory body for sale or use with different indications and restrictions in different countries. You should not construe anything on the Web Site as a promotion or solicitation for any product or service or for the use of any product or service that is not authorized by the laws and regulations of the country where you are located, including the United States. For specific information about particular products, you should refer to the full prescribing information as approved by the relevant governmental authority of the country where you are located. Any prescribing information provided herein is based on United States labeling and may not be appropriate outside of the United States.
- Product Information and Orders. The order, purchase, and/or sale of any products from AMAG or its suppliers are governed by the terms and conditions contained in the applicable purchase order or written agreement between the parties.
- Modification of Web Site. AMAG reserves the right, at any time, to modify this Web Site Content or to modify, suspend, or discontinue this Web Site or any part thereof with or without notice. You agree that AMAG will not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification of this Web Site Content or modification, suspension, or discontinuance of this Web Site.
- Ownership and Operation. This Web Site is owned by AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Waltham, Massachusetts, USA, and operated either by AMAG or by a third party with whom AMAG has contracted to host this Web Site for AMAG.
EFFECTIVE AS OF May 1, 2017
2. A Note about Children. AMAG does not intend to collect personally identifiable information from children under 18 years old. At any time, any person (including the parent or guardian of such child whose information was provided to AMAG) aware of AMAG having been provided personally identifiable information of a child under the age of 18 may contact us at LegalDept@amagpharma.com.
4. Types of Data AMAG Receives. AMAG collects Personal Information and Anonymous Data from you when you visit AMAG site and when you send us information or communications.
a) “Personal Information” means data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data such as your gender and nationality. “Anonymous Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; Anonymous Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. AMAG collects Personal Information and Anonymous Data, as described below.
b) AMAG collects Personal Information from you, such as first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing addresses, telephone number, as well as gender and nationality when you sign up for certain newsletters, updates or request certain information from us. This is information that you choose to provide to us. You are not required to provide such Personal Information to us, but if you do not, AMAG may not send you certain information.
c) AMAG may also receive Personal and/or Anonymous Data about you from other sources like telephone or fax, or from companies that provide AMAG products or services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled Web Site or companies that offer their products and/or services on AMAG Web Site (“Third Party Companies”). AMAG may add this information to the information AMAG has already collected from you via AMAG Web Site in order to improve the products and services AMAG provides or may provide.
5. Information Collected via Technology. To make AMAG’s Web Site more useful to you, AMAG servers (which may be hosted by a third party service provider) collect information from you, including browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session), domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
a) Some of this information may be Personal Information and some may be Anonymous Data. AMAG also uses customized software, which may include software that passively collects certain data about your visits to the Web Site, such as your IP address, the browser version your computer is operating and the time of day you access the Web Site.
c) AMAG may allow selected third parties to place Cookies through the Web Site to provide us with better insights into the use of the Web Site or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about a consumer’s online activities over time and across different web sites when he or she uses AMAG Web Site. AMAG may also permit third party service providers to place Cookies through AMAG Web Site to perform analytic or marketing functions where you are notified of them and you have consented to the usage. AMAG does not control the use of such third party Cookies or the resulting information and AMAG is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
d) AMAG does not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser.
6. Use of Your Data
a) General Use. In general, Personal Information and Anonymous Data for AMAG general commercial purposes such as to improve AMAG Web Site, grow AMAG business and to offer AMAG own, AMAG affiliates’ or third-party products or services that AMAG think you may find of interest. For example, AMAG may use your information to respond to requests that you make or to send you additional information about AMAG, such as medical information about a disease state or AMAG product, AMAG investor information, or information about AMAG corporate activities. AMAG reserves the right to reproduce, use, disclose, and distribute Anonymous Data for any purpose.
b) Creation of Anonymous Data. AMAG may create Anonymous Data records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. AMAG uses this Anonymous Data to analyze request and usage patterns so that AMAG may enhance the content of AMAG Web Site and services and improve site navigation.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
a) Your Authorization. AMAG may disclose Personal Information if you request or authorize the disclosure.
b) Transactions. AMAG may disclose Personal Information to others in order to help complete a transaction you have requested.
d) Corporate Transactions. AMAG may disclose Personal Information as part of a purchase, transfer or sale of services or assets (e.g., in the event that substantially all of AMAG assets are acquired by another party, Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets).
f) Disclosure to “Third Party Service Providers”. AMAG may share your Personal Information with AMAG agents, outside vendors or third party service providers to perform functions on AMAG’s behalf, including for example, to respond to your inquiries or to send you information about AMAG products. These third party service providers are not permitted to use your Personal Information other than to provide the services requested by us.
g) Disclosure to “Third Party Companies”. AMAG may enter into agreements with Third Party Companies. A Third Party Company may want access to Personal Information that AMAG collects. As a result, AMAG may disclose your Personal Information to a Third Party Company; however, AMAG will not disclose your Personal Information to Third Party Companies for the Third Party Companies’ own direct marketing purposes, unless you have “opted-in” by following the instructions AMAG provides to allow such disclosure. If you have opted-in to receive e-mail communications from a Third Party Company and later wish to discontinue receipt of these e-mails, please contact the Third Party Company directly to update your preferences. The privacy policies of AMAG Third Party Companies may apply to the use and disclosure of your Personal Information that AMAG collects and disclose to such Third Party Companies. Because AMAG does not control the privacy practices of Third Party Companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
h) Anonymous Data. AMAG may disclose Anonymous Data to AMAG affiliates and third parties for any purpose.
9. Changes to Personal Information. You can access, update and/or delete your Personal Information by contacting us at the phone number, mailing address or email provided on this Web Site. However, even if you delete or change your Personal Information, it may still be stored on other databases, including those kept for archival purposes. Please also note that AMAG may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case AMAG will comply with your deletion request only after AMAG has fulfilled such requirements).
10. Security of Your Personal Information. AMAG uses reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Even though AMAG has taken steps to protect your Personal Information from being intercepted, accessed, used, or disclosed by unauthorized persons, AMAG cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information.
12. Your California Privacy Rights. California Civil Code Section 1798.83, also known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits California residents to request and obtain once a year, free of charge, information about the personal information (if any) that Working Group has disclosed to third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year. If applicable, this information would include a list of the categories of personal information that were shared and the names and addresses of all third parties with which AMAG shared such information in the immediately preceding calendar year. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please submit your request in writing to:
AMAG Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
Attn: Legal Department
1100 Winter Street
Waltham, MA 02451