EFFECTIVE AS OF February 12, 2020
2. A Note about Children. AMAG Websites are not directed to children under 18 years of age and AMAG does not knowingly collect Personal Information from children under 18 years old. At any time, any person (including the parent or guardian of such child whose information was provided to AMAG) aware of AMAG having been provided Personal Information of a child under the age of 18 may contact us at email@example.com.
4. Categories of Data AMAG Receives. AMAG collects Personal Information from you when you visit the AMAG Websites and when you send us information or communications. We collect and use Personal Information differently depending on the reasons for which the data is collected.
“Personal Information” means data that identifies, relates to, describes, is capable of being associated with, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly with a particular consumer or household. Personal information includes data that allows someone to identify or contact you, including, for example, your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data. “De-identified Data” means data that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Information; De-identified Data does not permit the identification of individual persons. AMAG collects Personal Information and De-identified Data, as described below.
a) Job Candidates. If you apply for a job through our website, we will receive more extensive Personal Information from you. That information could include not only contact information, but also education, job experience, gender, etc. We could also obtain information about you from third parties such as recruiters.
b) Requests for Information. AMAG collects Personal Information from you, such as first and last name, gender, e-mail and mailing address, and telephone number, when you sign up for certain newsletters, updates or request certain information from us. This is information that you choose to provide to us. You are not required to provide such Personal Information to us, but if you do not, AMAG may not send you certain information.
c) Third Parties. AMAG may also receive Personal Information and/or De-identified Data about you from other sources like social media, telephone or fax, or from companies that provide AMAG products or services by way of a co-branded or private-labeled Website or companies that offer their products and/or services on AMAG Websites (“Third-party Companies”). AMAG may add this information to the information AMAG has already collected from you via the AMAG Websites in order to improve the products and services AMAG provides or may provide.
- Information Collected via Technology. To make AMAG’s Websites more useful to you, AMAG servers (which may be hosted by a third-party service provider) collect information from you, including browser type, operating system, Internet Protocol (IP) address (a number that is automatically assigned to your computer when you use the Internet, which may vary from session to session}, domain name, and/or a date/time stamp for your visit.
a) Some of this information may be Personal Information. AMAG also uses customized software, which may include software that passively collects certain data about your visits to the Website, such as your IP address, the browser version your computer is operating and the time of day you access the Websites.
i. Cookies. Cookies are small text files placed in visitors’ computer browsers to store their preferences. Most browsers allow you to block and delete cookies, however, if you do that, the sites may not work properly.
ii. Pixel Tags/Web Beacons. A pixel tag (also known as a web beacon) is a piece of code embedded in the sites that collects information about users’ engagement on that web page. The use of pixels allows us to record, for example, that a user has visited a particular web page or clicked on a particular advertisement.
c) Analytics. We may also use Google Analytics and other service providers to collect information regarding visitor behavior and visitor demographics on our sites. For more information about Google Analytics, please visit www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners. You can opt out of Google’s collection and processing of data generated by your use of our sites by going to http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
d) Like most Websites, AMAG automatically gathers this information and stores it in log files each time you visit AMAG Websites or access your account on AMAG network. “Cookies” are small pieces of information that a website sends to your computer’s hard drive while you are viewing a website. AMAG may use both session Cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent Cookies (which stay on your computer until you delete them) to provide you with a more personal and interactive experience on the Websites. Persistent Cookies can be removed by following Internet browser help file If you choose to disable Cookies, some areas of AMAG Websites may not work properly. Further general information about Cookies and how they work is available at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
e) AMAG may allow selected third parties to place Cookies through the Websites to provide us with better insights into the use of the Websites or user demographics or to provide relevant advertising to you. These third parties may collect information about an individual’s online activities over time and across different websites when he or she uses an AMAG AMAG does not control the use of such third-party Cookies or the resulting information and AMAG is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
f) AMAG does not use technology that recognizes a “do-not-track” signal from your web browser. Please note that we do not respond to or honor DNT signals or similar mechanisms transmitted by web browsers.
6. Use of Your Data
a) General Use. In general, AMAG uses Personal Information and De-identified Data for AMAG general commercial purposes including but not limited to:
i. Business purposes
ii. Managing your information and accounts
iii. Communicating with you about your account, activities on or Sites and policy changes
iv. Undertaking activities or maintain the quality of a service or device.
v. Business alerts, newsletter and other communications
vii. Contact through the “Contact” link on our website
ix. To improve AMAG Websites, grow AMAG business and to offer AMAG’s own, AMAG affiliates’ or third-party products or services that AMAG thinks you may find of interest. For example, AMAG may use your information to respond to requests that you make or to send you additional information about AMAG, such as medical information about a disease state or AMAG products, AMAG investor information, or information about AMAG corporate activities.
b) Analyze and improve our Websites pursuant to our legitimate interest, such as:
i. Detecting security incidents, protecting against malicious, deceptive fraudulent or illegal activity, and prosecuting those responsible for that activity
ii. Measuring interest and engagement in our Websites and short term, transient use, such as contextual customization of ads
iii. Undertaking research for technological development and demonstration;
iv. Improving, upgrading or enhancing our Websites or services
v. Ensuring internal quality control
vi. Verifying your identity and preventing fraud
vii. Debugging to identify and repair errors that impair existing intended functionality
c) Creation of De-identified and Aggregate Data. AMAG may create de-identified and aggregated data records from Personal Information by excluding information (such as your name) that makes the data personally identifiable to you. AMAG uses this de-identified and aggregated data to analyze request and usage patterns so that AMAG may enhance the content of the AMAG Website and services and improve site navigation.
e) Cross-Device Tracking. Your browsing activity may be tracked across different websites and different devices or apps. For example, we may attempt to match your browsing activity on your mobile device with your browsing activity on your laptop. To do this our technology partners may share data, such as your browsing patterns, geo-location and device identifiers, and will match the information of the browser and devices that appear to be used by the same person.
7. Disclosure of Your Personal Information
a) Except as provided below, we do not share, disclose, or sell your personal information. AMAG does not sell your personal information as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA). Below is list of the categories of personal information we have disclosed about consumers for a business or commercial purpose in the past 12 months:
|A. Identifiers.||A real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier, Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, or other similar identifiers.|
|B. Personal information categories listed in the California Customer Records statute (Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e)).||A name, address, telephone number, or medical information.|
|C. Protected classification characteristics under California or federal law.||A medical condition, sex (including gender, pregnancy or childbirth and related medical conditions), or genetic information (including familial genetic information).|
|D. Internet or other electronic network activity.||Browsing history, search history, information on a consumer’s interaction with an internet website, application, or advertisement.|
|E. Geolocation data.||Physical location or movements.|
|F. Professional or employment-related information.||Current or past job history|
b) Authorization. AMAG may disclose Personal Information if you request or authorize the disclosure or to help complete a transaction you have requested.
d) Corporate Transactions. AMAG may disclose Personal Information as part of a purchase, transfer or sale assets (e., in the event that substantially all of AMAG assets are acquired by another party, Personal Information may be one of the transferred assets).
f) Disclosure to “Third-Party Service Providers.” AMAG may share your Personal Information with AMAG agents, outside vendors or third-party service providers to perform functions on AMAG’s behalf, including for example, to respond to your inquiries or to send you information about AMAG products. These third-party service providers are not permitted to use your Personal Information other than to provide the services requested by us.
g) Disclosure to “Third-Party Companies.” AMAG may enter into agreements with Third-party Companies. A Third-party Company may want access to Personal Information that AMAG collects. As a result, AMAG may disclose your Personal Information to a Third-party Company; however, AMAG will not disclose your Personal Information to Third-party Companies for the Third-Party Companies’ own direct marketing purposes, unless you have “opted-in” by following the instructions AMAG provides to allow such disclosure. If you have opted-in to receive e-mail communications from a Third-Party Company and later wish to discontinue receipt of these e-mails, please contact the Third-party Company directly to update your preferences. The privacy policies of Third-party Companies may apply to the use and disclosure of your Personal Information that AMAG collects and discloses to such Third-Party Companies. Because AMAG does not control the privacy practices of Third-Party Companies, you should read and understand their privacy policies.
h) De-identified Data. AMAG may disclose De-identified Data to AMAG affiliates and third parties for any purpose.
- Your Choices Regarding Your Personal Information. AMAG offers you choices regarding the collection, use, and sharing of your Personal Information. AMAG may periodically send you newsletters and e-mails that directly promote the use of the Websites or the purchase of AMAG products and may contain advertisements for Third-party Companies. When you receive newsletters or promotional communications from us, you may indicate a preference to stop receiving further communications from us and you will have the opportunity to “opt-out” by following the unsubscribe instructions provided in the e-mail you receive or by contacting us directly at the address below. Should you decide to opt-out of receiving future mailings, AMAG may share your e-mail address with Third-Party Service Providers and/or Third-Party Companies to ensure that you do not receive further communications from them.
9. Your Privacy Rights.
In accordance with applicable law, you may have the right to:
Access personal information about you consistent with legal requirements. In addition, you may have the right in some cases to receive or have your electronic Personal Information transferred to another party.
Request Correction of your Personal Information where it is inaccurate or incomplete. In some cases, we may provide self-service tools that enable you to update your Personal Information or we may refer you to the controller of your Personal Information who is able to make the correction.
Request Deletion of your Personal Information, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by law.
Request restriction or object to processing of your Personal Information, including the right to opt in or opt out of the sale of your Personal Information to third-parties, if applicable, where such requests are permitted by law.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us as set forth below. We will process such requests in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy, we will take steps to verify your identity before fulfilling your request.
California’s Shine the Light law permits users who are California residents to request and obtain from us once a year, free of charge, a list of the third-parties to whom we have disclosed their personal data (if any) for their direct marketing purposes in the prior calendar year, as well as the type of personal data disclosed to those parties.
10. Changes to Personal Information. You can access, update and/or delete your Personal Information by contacting us at the phone number, mailing address or email provided on the Websites. However, even if you delete or change your Personal Information, it may still be stored on other databases, including those kept for archival purposes. Please also note that AMAG may be required (by law or otherwise) to keep this information and not delete it (or to keep this information for a certain time, in which case AMAG will comply with your deletion request only after AMAG has fulfilled such requirements).
11. Security of Your Personal Information. AMAG uses reasonable technical, administrative and physical measures to protect Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. Even though AMAG has taken steps to protect your Personal Information from being intercepted, accessed, used, or disclosed by unauthorized persons, no system is 100% secure and AMAG cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with Personal Information. To the fullest extent permitted by applicable law, we do not accept liability for unintentional disclosure.
By using the Websites, or providing personal information to us, you agree that we may communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Websites. If we learn of a security system’s breach, we may attempt to notify you electronically by posting a notice on the Websites, by mail or by sending an e-mail to you.